The Vere Payment Process
Our payment process, we use PayFast to facilitate all transactions. It is the South African equivalent of PayPal and enables Vere to accept all major cards (Visa, Mastercard etc) and instant EFT payments. All payments are handled using their secure network to ensure that the transaction is completely safe. The Vere website does not handle any online transactional information, so when you place an order your security is assured through PayFast. There is no registration process required to make payments through PayFast which means making a payment is quick and hassle free.
- PayFast uses Extended Validation SSL with 256-bit encryption. (Only two of the four major South African banks use this) which is the highest– level of encryption currently available.
- PayFast ensures all sensitive info is encrypted within their database.
- PayFast run penetration testing on their system on a weekly basis to look for vulnerabilities. They are only required to do it once every three months, but they run it every week to ensure it is the safest network around.
- The entire site, blog, payments page and help site are all served off secure servers, making it harder to perpetrate phishing attacks.
- 3D Secure is in place for all credit card transactions.
- They use GEO IP tracking to see where transactions are originating from and look for mismatches between this and the card’s issuing country.
- PayFasts system automatically checks for suspicious payment velocity.
- PayFast use BIN/IIN validation to check for card-issuing bank locations and merchants can choose to enable/disable payments from certain countries
- Payments and card details are automatically checked against large online databases of blacklisted details to protect the buyer.
All suspicious transactions are manually reviewed by PayFast’s Support Team.